Random musings from the front line (well, more like the support trench, or perhaps the castle 10 miles away, supping Chateau Lafite with the General Staff) in the battle for curiosity, inertia, grammar and a Dachshund called Colin.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Ding ding - de - ding ding ding. Brrrrrr. Etc

Stroke his misshapen genitalia for a chance to get even....then CLICK I hate that bloody frog. Number 1 in the charts, for pity's sake, a sacred position that should be rightfully the preserve of ... er .. St Winifred's School Choir, Benny Hill and Mr Blobby. Personally I was delighted that downloads became included in the official charts a few weeks ago as I assumed that low-selling dance music tracks and teenage-targeted cheese would stop infiltrating my ears on the rare occasions that I listened to Radio 1. I had even heard rumours that the baby-faced child that used to present the Top 40 (Wesley "Wes" Butters) was sacked for being too immature in this mature new world of Noughties music (and nothing to do with how close he allegedly was to the rather nasal ageing DJ Paul Gambaccini (I think Honeytom first told me that)).

But that frog. You know the story - 17 year old Swede, internet chat rooms, Jamster blah blah blah. You have even read about his shrivelled genitalia being censored on the TV ads. But never did I suspect that enough idiots were out their to actually pay for him to "ding ding" out of their stolen Nokias. Forget world poverty, global warming, soaring crime rates or National Naturism Day (today, since you ask, which is why I am typing this in the buff) - the real issue is why there are enough people out there with the spare cash, inclination and selfish streak to download such an annoying noise, purely to be able to inflict it on others in the vicinity every time their phone rings. Personally, I blame Big Brother.

So, if you fancy a bit of revenge, click on the picture above and play a diverting and rather satisfying little game that makes you feel that little bit better. Ding ding ding-de-ding ... BANG.

9 Rants & Replies:

Blogger Willie Lupin said...

I'm far more irritated by the woman who sings 'Mmm...Danone' at the end of commercials for pro-biotic yogurts. But 'chacun son bete noire' as I might say if I were a frog myself.

10:04 am, June 06, 2005

 
Blogger Merkin said...

An excellent point. However, is there a video game where you can shoot her into the air with a shotgun yet?! How far did you get?

6:48 pm, June 06, 2005

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

My best was about 92.5. It's addicting!!

3:01 am, June 07, 2005

 
Blogger Willie Lupin said...

The first video game I've ever played was when I clicked on your frog. My excitement was easy to contain.
Think I'll stick to shouting F**k Off at TV commercials. If anyone planted listening devices in my house they'd think I had Tourette's.

9:29 am, June 07, 2005

 
Blogger Merkin said...

Willie - I'm delighted that I was able to introduce you to (and subsequently alienate you from!) the inane time wasting that is computer games. Personally I detest them, and refuse to get an XStation or PlayBox in the house (despite the protestations from my 25-going-on-18 lodger), but that frong - he deserves a shooting.

WW - 92.5 - wow! And you don't (I hope, for the collective sanity of your countrymen) even know what that blasted frog is, I guess! I'm impressed and jealous at the same time. I achieved 91 last night, btw...

8:45 pm, June 07, 2005

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

I came back to play some more. I'm addicted!!! I don't own any video games, but I live torturing this annoying dude!! I'll let you know if I do better than 92.5!! Thanks, Merkin! This is FUN!

1:55 am, June 08, 2005

 
Blogger sideshow said...

And they wonder why people are starting to download TV shows off the internet instead of watching them on the Box

8:11 pm, June 09, 2005

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Okay Merkin...getting tired of torturing the weird little dude. Could you maybe post some hunky guy for me to play with?? I don't think I'd get tired of that as quickly.

3:38 am, June 10, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for game site and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

6:29 pm, October 04, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home