Random musings from the front line (well, more like the support trench, or perhaps the castle 10 miles away, supping Chateau Lafite with the General Staff) in the battle for curiosity, inertia, grammar and a Dachshund called Colin.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Politics Test

You are a

Social Liberal
(60% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(65% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Centrist




Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: Get Laid Here


According to the Politics Test that I've just taken (having been sent here by Aginoth), I'm a boring middle-of-the-road cenrist. Damn - I always considered myself on the wilder shores of bourgeois socially-aware libertarian smaller-government free-marketeering arts-subsidising decent healthcare for all. But apparently, I'm Donald Trump. It's the first that I - or my bank manager - have heard about it...

I've always said, and bored my friends, that what we need in the UK is simple. Here goes...


An absolute monarchy, backed up by a military junta, with an aggressive foreign policy advocating the frequent use of tactical nuclear weapons.

Centrist? My arse.

7 Rants & Replies:

Blogger Merkin said...

5 anonymous spam comments in 5 minutes! Right then - sorry. I'm turning on Word Verification. I think I was the last person left to do it anyway....

2:10 pm, October 22, 2005

 
Blogger garfer said...

Politics is simple. Shoot all the French (apart from Isabel Whatsherface) and scoff all their cheese.

UkeLle

7:41 pm, October 22, 2005

 
Blogger Aginoth said...

gald to be of service Merkin :o)

6:49 pm, October 23, 2005

 
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Don't you believe him Merkin, Aginoth nicked it off me, & I nicked it off Dave! I still reckon it's a bit Americanised to be right - that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it:-)

9:07 pm, October 23, 2005

 
Blogger Merkin said...

Now now, Mrs A. What is it your vicar made you say a few years ago "All that I have I give to you"? I'm sure he meant blogging links as well...

4:06 pm, October 24, 2005

 
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Fascinating. I came out Social Liberal and Economic Liberal. Which places me, apparently, in exactly the same spot on the graph as Hilary Clinton.

I think I have the solution to your concerns, Merk. Try http://www.politicalcompass.org. Exactly the same kind of thing but generated (I think) in the UK. So you won't have to answer any baffling questions about small farms in America. On Political Compass, I landed on the same spot as the Dalai Lama. Definitely an improvement on Hilary...

8:59 am, October 26, 2005

 
Blogger Merkin said...

If only the Dalai Lama had your hairstyle, Mark - the Hare Krishnas of Soho would like slightly less intimidating as they walk around with their drums and tambourines!

12:37 pm, October 29, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home