Random musings from the front line (well, more like the support trench, or perhaps the castle 10 miles away, supping Chateau Lafite with the General Staff) in the battle for curiosity, inertia, grammar and a Dachshund called Colin.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Tagged!

It's a disease! I've just been tagged by WordWhiz on her marvellous blog (bit too many semi-naked fireman for me, but then I guess American firefighters are different from the workshy, overpaid, underemployed, vain British ones) to do the following:
  1. Find your 23rd post
  2. Repost only the 5th sentence, or the closest thing to it.
  3. Continue the vicious cycle by tagging 5 people...
Erm, so here goes:

The players have been polite to each other, the sport has lost it's public school image, and amazingly even after 5 matches, of 5 days apiece, the entire series was decided in the final afternoon of the final test.

A fine piece of open source Ashes-related journalism (I like to call it 'web-logging', you know) even if I do say so myself. The trouble is, of course, that in my obscure little back alleyway of cyberspace, I feel it would be too presumptious to tag 5 of my occasional readers, especially as I hardly think that any more than that number have ever visited. After all, increasing the numbers makes it more of a chain-blog than a game of tag (if I remember the rules from my playground, one only tags one other player in order to pass "it" on.

So (if WW will forgive my altering* of the rules), I shall pick a recent commentator at random to continue this pointless, but diverting, game. I choose .... Mark. Sorry, Mark!
_________________________________


* A gerund? On a cold Friday afternoon before a black tie dinner? Suit you, Sir!

1 Rants & Replies:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Thanks for playing, Merkin!! And I apologize for the offensive fire-hunks.

Paul and I went to see a movie last night - one his son recommended. "Two for the Money" It's really more of a guy flick, but I don't recall Matthew McConaughey being built like THAT!!! Wow! He put the firemen to SHAME!!!

3:10 am, October 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home