Random musings from the front line (well, more like the support trench, or perhaps the castle 10 miles away, supping Chateau Lafite with the General Staff) in the battle for curiosity, inertia, grammar and a Dachshund called Colin.

Friday, December 23, 2005

EBay Comedy Genius

It's a shame that bidding has closed for this item - else I'd be buying it for my brother just for the description. You HAVE to read this...

eBay: DKNY Men's Leather Pants I Unfortunately Own (item 8335653541 end time Sep-23-05 12:50:38 PDT)

The best thing about this item though, is the seller's style of leaving feedback. The guy in question (his user name is bsack, but his real name is Brian Sack, a brilliant US comedy actor) is a comedy genius. Here are some of the feedback comments he has left for others (see the original page here!):

  • Consider me a lazy, cat-poo hating American happy with my electro-litterbox.
  • Buyer now owns the first car made solely from pistachio shells and barley. A+
  • Good transaction, though I'd hoped for $2 Million.
  • Finally! Someone bought the sweater that cursed my family for 12 generations. A+
  • Look for an article on the greatness of this transaction in the May issue of GQ.
  • Choose between Anna Nicole Smith and this transaction? This transaction. A+
  • I often wake up at night to the fond memories of this transaction. A+
  • This transaction was classy, unlike the Oscars with Chris Rock. A+
  • This was the kind of good, well-rounded transaction you can't find in Belarus.
  • Long after I am gone this transacion will live on. That makes me happy.
  • A+ with an extra + for good measure. And a smiley face and a thumbs up
  • Words can not express the greatness of this transaction.

And my favourite 2 comments:

  • Great transaction. At no time did we discuss Michael Bolton.
  • A great transaction, which my skrieking baby can attest to.
As from now, my EBay feedback is going to be a lot more like Mr Sack (see also his www.banterist.com) and a lot less of the rubbish "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++" that everyone else leaves. Merry Christmas!

4 Rants & Replies:

Blogger patroclus said...

Lovely title, M.

11:36 pm, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger George said...

Loved it. Funny that so few choose to "enjoy" writing feedback. Or maybe it's just that the collective imagination is nearly bankrupt? Self-criticism of course. I've just reread our SevylorOutlet looking for clever "back feeders"... Slim pickings. Oh well, we'll aspire to lighten the task in the future.

2:31 pm, December 30, 2005

 
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Thank you. My life on Ebay has changed forever. His banterist.com is very good too.

zxfrohg. A Citroen, obviously.

4:16 pm, December 30, 2005

 
Blogger Merkin said...

George - I want one of your SnoPro snow tubes! How cool are they? I'll be checking your feedback left for others to ensure that you lighten the Ebay tone....

Mark - you're right. The clips on www.briansack.com are hilarious as well. I might just buy things off him as he's a cool B-List New Yorker celebrity!

6:40 pm, December 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home