Random musings from the front line (well, more like the support trench, or perhaps the castle 10 miles away, supping Chateau Lafite with the General Staff) in the battle for curiosity, inertia, grammar and a Dachshund called Colin.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Goodbyeeeeee (for now)

Well, all good things come to an end. In my case, a mediocre but mildly diverting thing has come to an end. To be quite honest, I think I secretly hoped that this blog would be pounced on by international media, and held up as an example for everyone in the English-speaking world as to how to write witty urbane random musings. But, 'twas not to be. Nevermind, I thought, I'll carry on anyway, as it seems to bring at least half a dozen of my fellow bloggers round my pages every now and then. But, I've run out of time and motivation, and henceforth my posts will be rather infrequent, if not actually non-existent.

So, to my dwindling band of blogging "pals", thank you all very much for your visits, comments, feedback and occasional insult, and I absolutely promise I'll regularly pop by your blogs. PLEASE don't forget me, and remember ... Nietzsche's "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" epithet is complete bollocks.

Yours

The Merkin

13 Rants & Replies:

Blogger Boofykatz said...

Absolutely flippin' incomprehensible -no, not a description of your blog but a comment on the fact that you have decided to 'downsize' immediately after one of your most controversial, and I would imagine most widely read, posts. Your choice Old Fruit. I'll miss your blog.

10:02 pm, February 27, 2006

 
Blogger Fuckkit said...

Ah you know you can't fight the addiction right?

Right? ;)

10:25 pm, February 27, 2006

 
Blogger Wyndham said...

Ok, Merkin - I take it all back. But only if you promise to stay.

10:18 am, February 28, 2006

 
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

I'll keep a look out now and again, just to make sure you haven't vanished into the ether.

16.6%

AKA IDV

6:27 pm, February 28, 2006

 
Blogger garfer said...

How can we live without the wig?

Ta ra.

11:24 pm, February 28, 2006

 
Blogger patroclus said...

Merkin, what the bloody hell are you going on about? You can't leave us! I won't have it!

11:31 pm, February 28, 2006

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

You're going away??? Like...for good? Ouch!! I'll miss you!

11:36 am, March 01, 2006

 
Blogger Merkin said...

You're all too kind. I'm not 100% disappearing and deleting the blog, just taking a sabbatical. I've just started a particularly intense job and although I can pop by your places, I probably won't have time to post my ususal meaningless rubbish. Let's face it, it hardly "added" anything to the WWW, did it?

But seriously, thank you, all of you.

2:40 pm, March 01, 2006

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I am late of course and just saw this post. I hope you have an enjoyable break but come back to blog again.

11:15 pm, March 03, 2006

 
Blogger Toasty Lundqvist said...

I have, of course, visited Play Up, Play Up on many occasions since February 22, so your decision to take a breather is not news to me, good heavens no, I’ve had ample time to get used to it but just haven’t felt like commenting on it, you know how sometimes one doesn’t?

This blog has been much appreciated, and I hope you will indeed return to it in short urgent random bursts now and again. Good luck, and, as Tommy Handley once said, Never Kiss A Baby Till You’re Sure It’s Right Way Up.

3:04 pm, March 08, 2006

 
Blogger WordWhiz said...

:-(

Still gone...

3:38 am, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger surly girl said...

late as usual, but since you went all rude and got blocked from work i haven't been around so much.

will miss you tho...

10:02 pm, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Just checking...

* slopes off disconsonently (sp?) *

1:58 pm, March 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home